Featured in Thriller Magazine
- My Most Unique Life Learning Experienceby Steven C. HarmsGuest blog post for Nesie’s Place When I was in my twenties, I once found myself at 30,000 feet sitting in a luxurious seat of a 4-person Learjet bound from New York to Milwaukee. Across, and facing me, sat a person in a suit and tie who oversaw security. To his left… Read More »My Most Unique Life Learning Experience
- The First Momentby Steven C. HarmsGuest blog post for I Read What You Write My second book in the Roger Viceroy series, The Counsel of the Cunning, launches November 9th. It’s one of those moments for a writer that evoke a suite of emotions – thrilling, exciting, and captivating to name a few. With a little luck… Read More »The First Moment
- My Favorite Character in the Viceroy Seriesby Steven C. HarmsGuest blog post for The Book Diva’s Reads When I created detective Roger Viceroy, one of my major influences was Jack Reacher from Lee Child’s amazing series. I fashioned Viceroy’s character somewhat in that mold, but I wanted and needed him to be different. I landed on the back story and the… Read More »My Favorite Character in the Viceroy Series
- Oh My!by Steven C. HarmsGuest blog post for Novels Alive On the evening of December 20, 2017, I had a phone call with a humble, kind man in California. Although that previous sentence reads like a potential opening sentence of a novel, the conversation happened. I realize it’s a mundane way to start a blog post,… Read More »Oh My!
- Ducks on the Pondby Steven C. HarmsOne of the most fascinating aspects of writing in the mystery/thriller/suspense genre is the enormous opportunity to consistently deliver a unique plot twist that the reader didn’t see coming. It’s the chapter that ignites the story like a rocket, captivating the reader such that they never forget it for the rest of… Read More »Ducks on the Pond
- 30 Thousand Feetby Steven C. HarmsWhen I was in my twenties, I once found myself at 30,000 feet sitting in a luxurious seat of a 4-person Learjet bound from New York to Milwaukee. Across, and facing me, sat a person in a suit and tie who was in charge of security. To his left was a gentleman… Read More »30 Thousand Feet
- The Pre-Gameby Steven C. HarmsAllow me a brief introduction. I’ve spent the previous thirty-plus years as a sports and entertainment business executive, having worked in the NBA, NFL, and MLB. But for two years at the NBA League Office in New York City, the rest of my career was at the local market level. I’ve been… Read More »The Pre-Game